- 1 Some Prefer Edibles During the Pandemic
- 2 Coronavirus Pandemic-Induced Anxiety
- 3 Edibles Are Preferable During the Pandemic
- 4 Sharing Is Not Caring with Cannabis and COVID-19
- 5 Consult the Experts at Medallion Wellness in Central California
- 6 Self-Care Is Psychologically Essential During the Pandemic
- 7 Incredible Edibles
- 8 Edibles Are Easier on Your Lungs
- 9 Be Careful How Much You Eat
- 10 How Much Do CBD Products Cost in the Central Valley, California?
- 11 Breathe Easy and Stress-Free
- 12 FAQ
- 13 References
Some Prefer Edibles During the Pandemic
It should come as no surprise to anyone that the general level of anxiety has heightened, overall, in the days since the pandemic began its rapid spread around the world. It is no wonder that our fine cannabis products are in high demand in these strange and frightening times. Medallion Wellness is a California Essential Business and we’re here to help our Central Valley Community breathe easy and stress-free. With our robust and varied inventory of edible cannabis products, you’re sure to find relief in nature’s kindest medicine without risking your respiratory system.
Our overall health is measured by more than just how our body is feeling. Our mental and emotional well-being also factor heavily into the equation. As cases of COVID-19 continue to spike across the country, (unsurprisingly) so have cases of anxiety. New data from the American Psychiatric Association last week found that nearly half of all Americans are anxious about the possibility of getting sick, with more than one-third saying that coronavirus is having a “serious impact on their mental health.”
The Anxiety and Depression Association of America adds that canceled travel plans, extreme isolation and a foreboding sense of panic over scarce resources have contributed to the bad vibes in the air.
Get hip to all the ways that cannabis can help. The Medallion Wellness blog is updated frequently, even in these strange times.
CBD works by interacting with your body’s endocannabinoids system (ECS), which regulates a range of functions and processes in the body that include sleep, appetite, memory and mood. Experts say proper dosages can go a long way toward relieving things like OCD and anxious behaviors. CBD restores balance to your ECS.
Edibles Are Preferable During the Pandemic
COVID-19 is a respiratory illness. Many physicians recommend that you limit or avoid your exposure to combustive smoke. Putting undue stress and strain on the lungs is likely to make you more vulnerable to infections of all kinds, particularly respiratory infections like COVID-19. The use of edibles or tinctures can eliminate smoke exposure entirely.
In a blog statement, NORML executive director Erik Altieri expressed a sentiment to which all true cannabis appreciators could definitely relate in this masked and glowering age of social distancing:
“As long as cultures have consumed cannabis, the practice of sharing a joint among friends has been a common social practice. But given what we know about COVID-19 and its transmission, it would be mindful during this time to halt this behavior.”
Smoking circles of cannabis comrades can no longer be the case, thanks to the highly contagious nature of COVID-19. Wisdom dictates an edible alternative to your regular cannabis consumption with such a potent respiratory infection spreading around.
Consult the Experts at Medallion Wellness in Central California
Medallion Wellness is a proud California Essential Business. We’re happy to do our part to safely and wisely ease the anxieties of our Central Valley community, especially during this strange and frightening public health crisis. We have multiple dispensaries in the communities of Modesto, Atwater and Merced. Our budtenders are among the industry’s finest.
You’ll see our commitment to our clients in our positive reviews. We’ll be here for you when you need us. Contact us to get the conversation started. Call (888) 354-0139 to learn more. Our cannabis delivery service area includes Modesto, Atwater and now Fresno!
Self-Care Is Psychologically Essential During the Pandemic
Dr. Bruce Schwartz, President of the Search Results American Psychological Association states the obvious when he says, “The stress and anxiety caused by the pandemic can and is having an effect on people’s physical and mental health.”
Dr. Schwartz returns to the theme of self-care when he continues, “During this time, it is important to do what we can to maintain self-care and manage the stress. I would suggest this for everyone coping at home as well as those who are still in their workplaces by necessity, especially the health care professionals on the front lines of this pandemic.”
Only edibles offer all the advantages of combustible cannabis products without putting so much strain on your lungs. Edibles are prepared in a dizzying variety of creative presentations. Many are baked goods, like cannabis-infused cookies and brownies. Gummies are also very popular.
Be aware that some edibles can be quite potent and they should be approached cautiously until you can get a handle on your ideal dose.
Cannabis Edibles Dosing Tips
- Consider your body weight
- Factor in your relative metabolism
- Know the concentration of CBD and THC in your edibles
- Gauge the relative severity of your anxiety
Edibles Are Easier on Your Lungs
Edible cannabis products are safer than smoking. There is significant evidence that points to an association between long-term cannabis smoking and lung damage. Smoking cannabis can cause chronic cough and phlegm production. If you are a regular smoker, it’s never too late to try something new. There’s also evidence that when you stop, these lung symptoms can improve.
Be Careful How Much You Eat
There’s an old saying that just crackles with wisdom each time it is said: “you can always eat more, but you cannot eat less.” You should take this sound advice to heart whenever you approach a new cannabis edible. In many cases, with edibles, it can be difficult to gauge the impending effects of cannabis. When someone smokes, they have a much better sense of when to stop based on how they are feeling. This is not always the case for edibles, says Piomelli. Cavalier consumption of too many cannabis edibles can evoke an uncomfortable set of side effects, including paranoia, panic and nausea. Edibles are usually high in sugar, which is not ideal for maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
How Much Do CBD Products Cost in the Central Valley, California?
Medallion Wellness has your back through all your ups and downs. We feel obliged to serve our Central Valley community with a creatively curated selection of the most effective edible for your COVID-19 related anxiety. Our impressive inventory of edible CBD treats and tinctures are dosed to suit a wide variety of tastes and conditions.
A Sampling of Our Edible Inventory
- La Vida Verde Restore CBD/THC Tincture
- Proof 20:1 CBD/THC Capsules
- Stoned Age Edibles CBD BBQ Habanero Jerky
- WYLD 1:1 CBD/THC Pomegranate Gummies
- Ganja Gold CBD Tarantula Flower
- Korova CBD Vanilla Bean Mini Cookies
Breathe Easy and Stress-Free
Some prefer edibles during the pandemic to avoid the stress that smoking can put on your lungs. Stress is certainly something to be aware of as we all pull together, as a Central Valley community, to overcome this overwhelming obstacle that has beset us all. Don’t let your intangible fears and irrational projections get the better of you. Edible cannabis products offer all the amazing relief from stress and anxiety without the harmful side effects of smoking.
A small but compelling body of evidence suggests that cannabis may decrease the production of several inflammatory cytokines. Scientists have found that in many of the most severe cases of COVID-19, there seems to be an over-production of these cytokines. During this so-called “cytokine storm,” the body confusedly attacks its very own cells and tissues instead of fighting the virus. Cannabis could hold the answer to navigating the treacherous waters of the “cytokine storm.”
Absolutely not. Cannabis does not cure COVID-19. Although it’s also fair to say that no study has yet examined the effects of cannabis as a possible treatment for COVID-19. It is important to note that our very isolation and social distancing can make us vulnerable to misunderstanding and misinformation. During quarantine, we have tended to rely too much on our screens to form our impressions of the outside world. Make sure all of your trusted information sources are backed by sound research and verifiable references.
- Alarcón, C. (2020, May 4). How Edible CBD Products Can Help You Reduce COVID-19 Induced Anxiety. Retrieved May 26, 2020, from https://www.forbes.com/sites/claudiaalarcon/2020/04/30/how-edible-cbd-products-can-help-you-reduce-covid-19-induced-anxiety
- Chan, T. (n.d.). The Best CBD For Anxiety. Rolling Stone. Retrieved from https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/best-cbd-anxiety-2020-973595/
- New Poll: COVID-19 Impacting Mental Well-Being: Americans Feeling Anxious, Especially for Loved Ones; Older Adults are Less Anxious. (2020, March 25). Retrieved May 28, 2020, from https://www.psychiatry.org/newsroom/news-releases/new-poll-covid-19-impacting-mental-well-being-americans-feeling-anxious-especially-for-loved-ones-older-adults-are-less-anxious
- Gomez, B. (n.d.). The CBD Industry during COVID-19 Pandemic. Retrieved May 28, 2020, from https://blog.brightfieldgroup.com/cbd-industry-covid-19
- Altieri, E., & Norml. (2020, April 8). Regarding COVID-19, A Message to the NORML Family from the… Retrieved May 29, 2020, from https://blog.norml.org/2020/03/16/regarding-covid-19-a-message-to-the-norml-family-from-the-executive-director/